Decorating in Silence

It's the second day of December. All you hear is the ruffling plastic bags and containers being opened to get the holiday decorations out. The apartment is just along the road and so at intervals you hear honking cars, noises of the traveling jeepneys and the low rumbling of buses passing by. There are also the people. There's an assortment of voices calling onto each other. Some are high pitched and giggly, others in deep serious tones and all else in between. I guess this is the start of the Christmas rush. I'm guessing at least most of the people are excited, and all smiles.

Then, I hear myself typing away here. I sit in silence. I pause and sigh. Christmas~~

Are were entitled to a wish on Christmas? Or is that only for one's birthday.  I don't really remember. All I see now are just the blinking lights casting dancing shadows on the wall. 

How should we celebrate Christmas, Lord?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.