Keeping Focus

It's no wonder why I woke up late today. I was up late last night.

This made me ponder as I am among techies who usually stay up late. With the variety of things to do that technology has brought fourth--work, hobbies, games, social networking and what-nots, we see and meet an increasing number of people who are walking half-asleep, barely alert and in a sense just going through the day's routine in somewhat "pre-programmed" motions.
We sometimes trudge through life like that--just going with the flow and never really minding what will happen next and just waiting for the day to end. This may be because of the demands of living that deter us from focusing on what is important.

Setting priorities let's us get a good amount of rest. It makes us alert and ready to serve God and receive blessings for the day. In Luke 10:41-42 (NIV),“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered,“you are worried and upset about many things,but few things are needed—or indeed only one.Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Lord, help me focus on you all the days of my life and be not hindered by busy everyday living.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.