Quiet Saturdays

10:23 AM Okay. So this is the second entry for today. Actually I am rewriting the draft I made an hour back. Too bad I wasn’t able to save it. Anyways, I updated the program and since no prompts were made, I thought that the draft was save. But then lo and behold! It’s a clean page!

Well, this is nice though, I get to write a new entry for today. It’s a little sunnier than when I woke up. The cool morning was the result of the drizzle mixed with sunshine, which is a good thing. I welcome Saturdays such as this. It allows for one to pause, contemplate and at least get a breather from the busy work week.

I love that there is just that random background sounds testifying to the usual quiet rural living: vehicles passing by mixed with chirping birds and domestic chores.
There’s the inviting laid back vibe. It beckons me to just sit in a corner drink warm coffee and read a book. Hmmm~~ Maybe, I’ll do just that. 

5:28 PM So far, I haven’t had much reading. My mind is filled with the thought for having to be somewhere later. I ask myself why am so bothered by it. I take a deep breath and then tell myself, “It’s okay. You can rest.”

Lord, please allow my weekends to be free of fret and worry. Allow me to face the tasks I have to accomplish with grace, empathy and wisdom. Remind me of the things that I can do as well as the things that I have to entrust to you.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.