Swiping Left and Right

9:08 PM There's this familiar app most of you probably already know that was shown to me today. It was installed on a smartphone. Swiping right means you like the person in the picture and swiping left means you're not interested. If by chance both of you swiped right, you'd be able to talk to each other. Interesting concept. I also found it superficial.

I believe connections should me more than just that. I mean... It's rare to have people upload images without filters nowadays so I guess the app is just used for passing time and talking to random strangers. Their stories may be interesting or unique but one can never truly say its a hundred percent real. Maybe, there are those who made lasting connections there but I prefer talking to someone in person. That's just me.

Lord, in this world where communication is done with ease, help me make real, lasting and positive connections with the people around me. 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.